October 15, 2015: Note for iOS jailbreak users - don't upgrade to iOS 9.0+
Do not upgrade to iOS 9.0+ if you want to keep running PPSSPP short term, stay on 8.4 or earlier. The new jailbreak seems a bit unstable as well.
PPSSPP is not officially supported on iOS like Windows and Android, but we try to keep it working anyway - 9.0 is tricky though, at least if you want to use the JIT. There will probably be a solution but probably not soon.
October 12, 2015: PPSSPP 1.1.1 has been released!
Fixes a few crash bugs in 1.1.
- Fixed new crash in Persona and other games on ARM64, like Galaxy S6
- Fixed crashes when trying to launch web browser when not present on Android, like on Android TV
- Fix crash in games that used "depal" functionality (OpenGL)
- Fixed rounding mode problems in the JITs
- Fix crash when loading savestates many times, and savestate compatibility on Android-x86
- Fix minor glitch in Ridge Racer
Download PPSSPP 1.1.1!
Buy PPSSPP Gold 1.1.1!
October 4, 2015: PPSSPP 1.1!
It's been a while, but there are some major new features!
- Support for ARM64 on Android, for improved performance on new devices. Has some new optimizations.
- Support Android TV, like nVidia Shield TV
- Screen rotation on PC, useful for vertical games like Star Soldier
- Many minor performance improvements and compatibility bug fixes
- GPU emulation fixes like correct depth rounding, fixing text in Phantasy Star
- Other graphical fixes like UV rotation
- Support savestates for homebrew apps
- Simple integrated "Homebrew Store" to download PSP homebrew apps
- Minor AdHoc multiplayer improvements. Still many issues left.
- Disable a dangerous optimization on ARM, causing walk-through-walls in Tenchu
- sceAtrac music compatibility fixes, fixing noise in a few games
- Better texture scaling performance
- Direct3D closer in features to OpenGL
- Works better on BSD operating systems
- Savedata management UI
February 26, 2015: PPSSPP 1.0.1 is out!
1.0 shipped with broken scrolling in the savestate list, that and a few other small bugs are now fixed in 1.0.1.
- Bugfixes like the save state scroll issue, cosmetic issues like overscroll
- Some cheat code bugfixes
- Adler32 and Mersenne Twister modules added (fixes some obscure games)
- Fix for Jak & Daxter slowdown
- Graphics hack for Phantasy Star Portable 2 for Direct3D9
- Fix compatibility with some PowerVR devices broken since v0.9.5-959-g4998044
See older news