March 19, 2016: PPSSPP 1.2.2 is here!
- Went back to the old way of initializing graphics on Android. Should fix many recent issues.
- Some graphical fixes, a vertex cache performance improvement and a screen clear optimization
- Fix for dual source blending on most SHIELD devices, causing graphical issues.
- Fix the homebrew store incorrectly unzipping some games. This will lead to more games being added.
- Slightly faster ISO handling
Download PPSSPP 1.2.2!
Buy PPSSPP Gold 1.2.2!
February 14, 2016: PPSSPP 1.2.1 has been released!
- A bunch of stability fixes when switching apps on Android
- Updated the fonts for Chinese and Korean to cover some previously unsupported chars
February 14, 2016: PPSSPP 1.2 is out!
As usual, a ton of fixes and improvements:
- A major rework of sceAtrac audio decoding, fixing various music hangs and similar issues
- Many fixes and workarounds to depth and stencil buffer usage, and also FBO management
- Audio reverb support
- Combo keys - custom touch buttons that press multiple PSP buttons
- 5xBR upscaling on GPU (postprocessing effect)
- Fix problems with playback of video with mono audio
- Performance improvements like multithreaded audio mixing
- ARM64 JIT crash bug fixes
- GLSL shader cache to reduce stuttering ingame
- Support render-to-CLUT functionality that some games use to change colors of various monsters
- x86-64 support on Android
- Auto-hide on-screen controls after a while of no usage
- Fixes to prescale UV speedhack, now seems reliable
- Faster ISO RAM cache
- New UI for moving around the PSP display on larger screens
- Minor UI fixes like better slider controls
- Assorted stability fixes (ffmpeg crash, etc)
- Volume setting is back
- Preparations for supporting more graphics APIs
- AdHoc port offset
- Support another HD remaster (Sora no Kiseki Kai HD)
October 15, 2015: Note for iOS jailbreak users - don't upgrade to iOS 9.0+
Do not upgrade to iOS 9.0+ if you want to keep running PPSSPP short term, stay on 8.4 or earlier. The new jailbreak seems a bit unstable as well.
PPSSPP is not officially supported on iOS like Windows and Android, but we try to keep it working anyway - 9.0 is tricky though, at least if you want to use the JIT. There will probably be a solution but probably not soon.
October 12, 2015: PPSSPP 1.1.1 has been released!
Fixes a few crash bugs in 1.1.
- Fixed new crash in Persona and other games on ARM64, like Galaxy S6
- Fixed crashes when trying to launch web browser when not present on Android, like on Android TV
- Fix crash in games that used "depal" functionality (OpenGL)
- Fixed rounding mode problems in the JITs
- Fix crash when loading savestates many times, and savestate compatibility on Android-x86
- Fix minor glitch in Ridge Racer
See older news