Recommended hardware for PPSSPP
Devices to play on
Nearly any recent phone will work just fine.
NVIDIA Shield TV is probably still the best Android TV machine (yes, in 2024).
Nearly any PC made the last 15 years will have little to no issue running PPSSPP. It can be a good idea to upgrade your graphics drivers, if possible.
Any M1 or later Mac will run it fine. It also works on many Intel Macs but has issues on Radeon GPUs on Mac, unfortunately.
PPSSPP is compatible with almost any game controller. This page lists some things that have been tested to work.
Controllers for Android
- Basically any bluetooth controllers, including iPega, XBox One/X/S and Playstation 4/5 controllers
- Moga controllers work.
Controllers for Windows
- Any controller that is usable on Windows will work, those that support XInput will autoconfigure, too.
- Xbox 360 controller with USB adapter
- Xbox One/Series S/X controller
- PlayStation 3/4/5 controllers
- Razer Onza
- Razer Sabertooth
- Logitech F310
- Logitech F710
- Logitech F510
- Logitech Dual Action Gamepad
- Xbox One controller
- 12 button Sabrent controller
- Steelseries 3GC